So what do I know about Pune at this point?
- It’s prononunced [puɳeː], i.e. not “puny”, more like “punj-eh”
- It’s the eighth largest city in India, home to over five million people
- It’s located 150 km from Mumbai and more than 500 m above sea level, on the Deccan plateau
- Between October and March, the average low temp is 11 C, average high is 32 C
- Cultural capital of Maharashtra state, thanks to the many universities it is often called also the “Oxford of the East”
- Lately it has become an IT startup hub, India’s version of the Silicon Valley